Reading on mobile phone? Landscape reading is recommended.
Module access point: Click to log in:
KLab 1 – Trust, phycological safety and collaboration
KLab 2 – Awareness, resillience and personal leadership
KLab 3 – Deep listening, involvement and presence
KLab 4 – The Capacity of changing and exploring perspectives
KLab 5 – Deeper system understanding part 1
Welcome to the KLab – Leadership Development in Kolonial.no, in partnership with GetHUMAN
Leadership Development (background and excerpt from internal document Kolonial.no)
- Scaling our organization and at the same time keeping our people highly engaged requires strong leadership on all levels.
- With a larger and more complex organization a strong leadership evolution is necessary to improve how one think, feel, act and lead in complex situations.
- GetHuman was chosen after an extensive process as our partner for a Leadership Development program at Lørenskog warehouse. Finding someone that we believed would be the right people for leadership development in all parts of Kolonial.no was important. They stood out among all the vendors, by representing something new with a more personal inside-out approach to leadership development. After seing how the engagement, and especially the “Management Support” driver has increased during the first period of the program, we belive in these guys. GetHUMAN is currently working with 30 leaders in Nydalen, in addition to starting up their work with several more groups (like management team, Finland, Logistics platform etc).
Some leadership challenges
- Rapid change, growth and complexity will challenge the status quo and our leadership habits.
- A new form of complexity calls for the most effective team- and leadership capacities available.
- Rapid expansion and demands for high quality thinking and decision making capacities require an improved way of learning and increased understanding of relational-, cultural and mental systems.
- Onboarding – and retention of – a large amount of people demand even more balanced and caring leaders who have an extra empathic focus and that are able to see the ”whole picture” at any time.
Additional information from Anders & Johan/GetHUMAN
- This leadership development program is designed to create substantial (not incremental) development and improvement in both performance and happiness. We both hope and expect that you will experience this long term journey as challenging and meaningful.
- This information document will provide basic information about the program. If you have detailed questions please call Anders (48231331) to make sure that you have the information you need. Questions are welcome in our first meeting.
- Are you feeling dedicated to this program? One way to find out more about your dedication is to look at the leadership questions below – do they challenge you? Do you get access to your curiosity? Do you see exciting possibilities?
Some key points
- Unless other information is given, we will meet monthly at Sentralen in down town Oslo (Øvre Slottsgate 3), (aprx. from 9.30am-3.30pm).
- In addition to being a leadership development program we also consider this to be an important improvement arena for Kolonial.no and we look forward to joining you all in building Kolonial.no.
- This program is highly experimental (and dialogue based) and is based in a large degree on your experiences in between our program days / meeting points. Personal experiences, hardships and missteps are just as welcome as successes because together we are searching for what we can learn rather than “who’s the best” or “who got it right”. In leadership and culture there is seldom “the only right way”, but rather several great and personal ways to lead in a good way.
- There is an expectation of practicing, training and reflecting in between program days. The quality of our time together depend on the quality of your awareness of your development. We will have a strong focus on reflection and contemplation and you will get a journaling note book for your own notes. This, together with resources available on gethuman.no/klab and the experiences in the group meetings are the curriculum of this program.
- We look forward to getting to know you and we highly value you previous experience (being a good leader already and becoming a better leader). We hope and expect that you will bring in both your strengths and “weaknesses” into this program.
- From the time you read this, please reflect around the following Leadership questions:
- Why am I/Why do I want to be a leader?
- What is it about people and humans that make me want to be a leader?
- What’s in it for me personally by developing myself as a leader?
- What are some strengths that I am proud of?
Overview of Leadership Program
- March: Program start
- March 2021 through february 2022: Monthly KLab group meetings.
- The sessions are from 0930-1530, with lunch around 1130. You are requested to log-off and tune in from 0900.
- You will be supplied with a pencil and your personal note book. Must be with you for the duration of the program.
- The leadership program will start with two groups and merge in to one group after KLab #3. There might be changes to this due to Covid-19 rules and regulation.
- Leadership topics:
- How to create psychological safety as a leader (both individually and in teams)
- Vision and obstacles, leadership as a personal choice
- Character strengths and team development
- Transformative meetings and the strengths of the Collective
- Coaching- and creating learning and insight
- Robustness and stressing less in the leadership role
- Engagement Leadership
- Curiosity, Empathy and Courage in the leadership role
- See Session structure here